Image credit: Louiseann King, But I have to remember that she is still a child, 2002. Glass, wood, silver, enamel, 10 x 6 x 6 cm each. Latrobe Regional Gallery collection. Four pieces acquired 2003, Thirty-six pieces donated through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program by Louiseann King, 2009
Precious Things Drawings
Inspired by Louiseann King’s artwork But I have to remember that she is still a child from the Contemporary Women: Artworks from the permanent collection exhibition, create your own dome jar drawing featuring some of your own precious things.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Download and print a dome jar template
OR a sheet of blank paper to draw your own dome jar
- Drawing materials – pencils, pens, crayons, markers, pastesl etc
- Look at the images of Louiseann’s artworks, and think about your favourite, most precious things – they could be beautiful flowers like Louiseann has used, or your pets, friends, family, toys, a favourite place, or even something from your imagination!
- Draw your favourite ‘precious thing’ inside the jar
- Colour your precious thing in, you could use one colour like Louiseann (gold or silver makes it look extra special), or use as many colours as you like
- Make a whole collection of Precious Things jars, just like Louiseann did to decorate your walls!
- Share your art with us on Facebook and Instagram – use the hashtag #LRGArtCart
Latrobe Regional Gallery's Education and Public Programs are generously supported by Australian Paper