Floral Ink Painting with Sofie Dieu
Youth & Adult Program
Saturday 31 August
10am to 4pm
$110 or $95 members,
bookings essential by Friday 23 August
In this floral workshop, you will develop your own visual lexicon to create your personal vision of Australian native flowers or succulents. In the morning, you will be introduced to the subtle art of layering, playing with light and darkness as well as texture, to create stunning backgrounds, on which you will later paint the flowers of your choice. You will also discover how to build a personal way of rendering flowers by analysing the architecture of the plants you will have chosen. In the afternoon, you will experiment with white ink detailing, using brushes and pen, to add depth and contrast to your paintings.
This workshop also includes tips for composition, archival arts, and how to create in series while remaining creative and avoiding repetitiveness.
By the end of the 6 hours workshop you will have produced:
– 1x A4 painting, on watercolour paper with your own floral art
– 1x A4 experimental painting on a different paper quality and surface than watercolour paper
– 1x A3 painting
– one or two practice sketch pages to keep preciously as a reminder of the creative process for future reference
PARTICIPANTS TO BRING:
– 1 x A4 and 1 x A3 watercolour paper sheets for final works and practice. Please bring more if you feel productive!
– 2x brushes size 2 or 3 (1 for ink, 1 for white ink)
– Plants or flowers of your choice
Contact LRG on 5128 5700 for alternate booking methods