Celebrate the International Rose Garden Festival 2020!
Learn to draw your own stylised roses to create your very own Rose Garden at home.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Sheet of blank paper
- Black marker
- Coloured markers
LET’S MAKE IT!
- Draw a circle with your favourite coloured marker, and fill it in to create the flower base.
- Draw green long oval shapes around the coloured circle to make leaves.
- With a dark or black marker, define the leaves with a line down the centre of the oval.
- Outline the coloured circle with a dark colour or black marker to define the rose.
- Following the shape of the circle edge, create petals by drawing 4 overlapping curved lines
- Working towards the centre of the circle, continue drawing smaller and smaller curved lines.
- Create a garden full of roses by using different coloured and sized circles.
- Display your final artwork on a table or on a wall, photograph your work and upload to facebook and instagram using the tag @latroberegionalgallery and #LRGArtCart
Latrobe Regional Gallery's Education and Public Programs are generously supported by Australian Paper